cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

utilization of realms (user roles)

New Contributor

utilization of realms (user roles)

Hello,

I'm looking for any solution to have utilization of every realms we have. Basically we have cluster with more then 10 different realms and want to know how many users is logged in using every realm (user role).

SNMP provides only overall amount of concurrent sessions unfortunately.

Is there any way how to do this apart from analysing logs?

Regards

Misha

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: utilization of realms (user roles)

Misha,

There may not be a direct GUI way to find this out, but what I can think of is using the active user sessions page.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

There may not be a direct GUI way to find this out, but what I can think of is using the active user sessions page.

This page has an entry for every user that is logged in and is currently active, if you count a specific role or a realm it will give you the number of users using a particular role or realm.

Of course you will have to first copy the active user sessions page data to a good text editor and then try this out, but as said its not very straight forward.

New Contributor

Rakesh, This would give me instant picture, I'd like to have statistics across a week or better month. Something like you can see on the overview page but specific for Realm. It would be really cool to have this information accessible via SNMP. Regards Misha
Frequent Contributor

I agree, its a nice to have feature but I am afraid this is currently not available on the SA for now.
Can become an enhancement request.

Contributor

Send your logs to an external syslog server then grep through for each of the role names.

For instance if you have a realm called OfficeA, you would grep using

#grep -c OfficeA log.txt

Alternatively copy the logs onto your local windows machine and use wingrep or something simular.

Sam.