cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable not working with UPN name and HTML5 RDP

Highlighted
Contributor

variable not working with UPN name and HTML5 RDP

I have an HTML5 RDP resource setup using as the username.

I also have traditional TS resources setup using as the username.

If I login to our PSA as "Joe Bloggs" both options work.

If I login to our PSA as "joe@domain.com" i.e. using the users UPN name I can access the TS bookmark but not the HTML5 one, it refuses to authenticate and the security log on the RDS box shows an invalid username/password event for joe@domain.com.

If I login to the RDS box directly as joe@domain.com I can do so.

Of course just to confirm the passwords are correct as this is all doing domain auth so I wouldn't get onto the PSA unless I were using correct domain creds Smiley Happy

Would anyone have any ideas before I open a ticket please?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: variable not working with UPN name and HTML5 RDP

OK so it seems to be stripping off the piece where I said that I'm using "" as the username variable for both?!
Highlighted
Contributor

USER enclosed in less than and greater than quotes - the forum is stripping it.
Highlighted

What version of software are you using?
HTML5 did not support variables for the password until 8.2R7; and password[ 2 ] (hopefully i "escaped" sufficiently for the value to show")until 8.3R3.
Highlighted
Contributor

I give up on how to escape things Smiley Happy

We're on 8.2R8.1 (build 57583) and this is what is in the resource bookmark and works using "Joe Bloggs" as the IVE logon name.

https://imgur.com/a/wmSNg
Highlighted

Thank you; can you try userAttr.upn (or whatever you see is the UPN variable listed when you do the policy trace?
Highlighted
Contributor

Thanks, thing is we want people to be able to use either ideally.

So some people logon IVE as "joe bloggs" some sign on as "joe@domain.local" and either is passed through to HTML5.

Odd that it works fine with the regular TS bookmarks?
Highlighted

Unfortunately, HTML5 did not have the variable/attribute support built-in initially and has been added slowly
Are these user-created bookmarks or ones that you are creating as the admin?
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't seem able to reply at the level of your reply Smiley Happy

These are static bookmarks. If it's just a case of it's not supported but is being developed (hopefully) we can live with that, I guess I just thought the HTML5 would work with exactly the same variables as the generic TS.

Odd thing is if I look at the RDS box security logs it does seem to log a bad username/password event and appears to show the correct username in UPN format, but the bookmark is clearly passing the correct password as I can get in with the "Joe Bloggs" username format if that makes sense.