cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Macs with M1 chips, Pulse Secure VPN and and Docker preview

nicolai
Occasional Contributor

Apple Macs with M1 chips, Pulse Secure VPN and and Docker preview

Could you please test if the Pulse Secure VPN and the current Docker preview for Macs with M1 chips are compatible? Some VPN are, some VPN aren’t and it would be handy to know for buying decisions. For both, PulseSecure and Apple M1 Macs.

Here is the relevant github issue.

https://github.com/docker/for-mac/issues/5208

6 REPLIES 6
r@yElr3y

Re: Apple Macs with M1 chips, Pulse Secure VPN and and Docker preview

@nicolai This is something that need to be checked with your accounts team (sales team). Please get in touch with them.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
nicolai
Occasional Contributor

That is the most counterprodcutive answer I have gotten in support forum in a very long time.
There is nothing customer specific about my question.

There is nothing sales specific about my question.

There is nothing sales could do about my question.

Forwarding me to sales or key account manager is among the worst possible answer you could have given me.

Exactly to answer such questions companies run public support forums.

nicolai
Occasional Contributor

To answer my question for you:

PulseSecure 9.1r10 works on an M1 Mac with MacOS 11.2.3 with Docker Desktop Preview 3.3.0
PulseSecure 9.1r10 does not work on MacOS 11.3.

I am pretty dissapointed. The service by pulse secure is rather lousy. Especially considering the millions of $ we pay to you. How hard can it be to publish a compatibility diagram and a download site for the client software in different versions? It is not as if anyone can do anything with the client without a server license, hence hiding them is just bad for business and reputation.

zanyterp

we expect pulse to be working on both Intel & M1 systems (i have used it on my intel macbook pro with 11.0-11.4 beta; i do not have access to an M1 to test with and apologize that i cannot verify that myself)
what type of docker container/access are you using? we have seen compatibility issues with docker on both macOS & windows endpoints.
the compatibility is listed in the release notes; if you would like to have us change what is listed, please let me know (PM) and i can check with our product and documentation team on if we can make those changes
i apologize that your experience with support has been subpar.
you should be able to register for an account at my.pulsesecure.net to download the software
nicolai
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your helpful and friendly message zanyterp

Pulse works fine with Docker, at least its older versions have issues (independent of docker) on macOS 11.3 though.

It is very good that one can get the client software on my.pulsesecure.net

I really searched for a possibility to download the software on the pulssecure.net main website and could not find it. Maybe one could link to it a bit more obviously?

Thank you for your help and have a good day/night/evening

nicolai
Occasional Contributor

At my.pulsesecure.net I am asked for hardware device serial numbers and stuff like that.

I want to download a client binary. Who thought this a good idea? Seriously, what is wrong with this company that they think they need to know what exact customer downloaded what client binary.

I mean what could I possibly do with it besides connecting to one of the servers you sold?

Why do you make it so hard?

What do you gain by being so compliacted?