cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Pulse Secure in China

Can I use Pulse Secure in China

I am currently working for a US company which uses Pulse Secure to establish its private network. When I work from home, I need to log into my Pulse Secure account first and then visit the company network to work. In about two months I am going back to China, just wondering while I am in China, will there be any issues using Pulse Secure to connect to the US company's network? I don't know how fast and stable Pulse Secure is when used in China, I even thought about loging into ExpressVPN (which is widely regarded as the best VPN to use in China) first and then use Pulse Secure to connect to the company network. But not sure if it will work.... Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Re: Can I use Pulse Secure in China

Hello Njuhobby,

I have not heard of any issues reaching a VPN connection from China to an outside resource.  The recent changes the Chinese government have made is to restrict the use of paid VPN services which does not apply to Pulse Secure devices.

However, I will let others in the community comment if they have experienced any issues with connectivity issues reaching ato a PCS device outside of China when traveling within China.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Can I use Pulse Secure in China

We have several users worldwide. The only issue you may have is if the company firewall (independent of Pulse Secure) allows your local ISP to connect. Many firewalls are configured to geoblock IP addresses from certain countries. This will need to be verified BEFORE you leave for China.