cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can gnu/linux client move to webkit2gtk, or qt5-webkit

je-vv
Occasional Contributor

Can gnu/linux client move to webkit2gtk, or qt5-webkit

Hi, currently the gnu/linux pulse-secure client depend on webkitgtk, which is based on webkit1.  Webkit1 is insecure and much consider it obsolete.  Actually it's removed from the Arch repos given how insecure it is.  The GTK alternative is using webkit2gtk, and there's also qt5-webkit, both mantained, under development and included in distros' repos.

Is there any reason for pulse-secure to still be built on top of and depend on webkitgtk?  Any way for devs to consider moving out of webkitgtk?

3 REPLIES 3
zanyterp

Re: Can gnu/linux client move to webkit2gtk, or qt5-webkit

i believe it has not been noted to them. i would recommend working with your pulse secure/ivanti account team that this is something you need so they can work with the product management & development teams
je-vv
Occasional Contributor

Ohh, the same to my other posts apply here.  I work for a company using pulse-secure, and most users there are ms-windows.  I've reached out to the IT team before, for gnu/linux related issues, and they typically don't pay attention to requests coming from the few gnu/linux users.  But I can't believe final users of a piece of SW can reach the devs for feedback, feature requests, or bugs.  This is really sad, if not disappointing.

There's no bug tracking system available for users, so no support at all for final users.  I was hopping devs or someone from pulse-secure pay attention to their own community forums, but I guess I was just hopping for too much.

BTW, to me using webkitgtk is a bug, and getting rid of it is not even a feature request, given how insecure and obsolete it is.

zanyterp

there are people from pulse secure monitoring; unfortunately, not all the people monitoring have access to the team that can pose ideas/comments for changes (such as this).