cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connects but doesn't always work

Highlighted

Re: Connects but doesn't always work

Did anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have the same issue. I have a new laptop where I correctly connect to Pulse, but none of my connections work. On my old laptop all my connections do work while connected to Pulse.

Any help is appreciated as I need a Pulse connection in order to be able to work.

MBa

Just want to add that you are not alone.

I have the same issue.

In the debuglog i can see this endless loop:

00113,09 2018/12/07 09:00:58.584 4 bannert dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p3216 t11E8 WorkerThread.cpp:611 - 'Worker' WAIT_TIMEOUT
00152,09 2018/12/07 09:00:58.584 4 bannert dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p3216 t11E8 WorkerThread.cpp:3702 - 'FlushPortmapTable' Entering loop, portmap socket count = 1
00160,09 2018/12/07 09:00:58.584 4 bannert dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p3216 t11E8 WorkerThread.cpp:3743 - 'FlushPortmapTable' Entering loop, portmap socket count = 1 exit...

It used to work like a charm for a long time, but since about two months i also need to try it several times until a connection works.

My suspicion: windows 10 october release...

Occasional Contributor

Does it connect, but nothing works? Mine connects but doesn't actually work. Until the 2nd connect, or the 3rd, or the 15th... etc. ie. it says it's connected fine each time, but nothing really works.

Doubt it's the October release for me, as I reported the issue in July. Plus it was definitely happening for a while before that. Hell, since I've used Pulse (approx 3+ years) it would normally do this once or twice before working. 

The thing is my old machine (also a Win10 PC) pretty much works every time, apart from now and again doing what the new machine does. But normally it will be first time, or perhaps 2nd or 3rd.

I'm also facing the same problem. Have anyone found the solution to resolve this issue?

I will be thankful for your inputs on this.

Occasional Contributor

Seems like it's pretty rare, users on these forums don't have the neccessary expertise/experience, or Pulse staff don't tend to monitor these boards I guess...

Out of interest how do you log a call with Pulse as a user? When I looked at the support contact options it seems like it would be for admin to use, not me as a user. My admin department are too busy for such a low level issue (it does eventually work, and it only seems a couple of us have the issue, so basically keep trying till it works, even if that's half an hour). 

I'm having the same problem with Windows 10. It never happened previously but I think it was possibly the latest Windows update that may have triggered it. Regardless, I'm struggling to provide on call support to my employer. It usually takes 2-5 reboots of my laptop to get it working. This appears to be a Pulse bug given others are experiencing the same thing.

The log just loops and repeats this:

00111,09 2019/01/06 21:02:05.533 4 patri dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p5260 t1630 WorkerThread.cpp:607 - 'Worker' WAIT_TIMEOUT
00150,09 2019/01/06 21:02:05.533 4 patri dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p5260 t1630 WorkerThread.cpp:3698 - 'FlushPortmapTable' Entering loop, portmap socket count = 1
00158,09 2019/01/06 21:02:05.533 4 patri dsSamProxy.exe Proxy p5260 t1630 WorkerThread.cpp:3739 - 'FlushPortmapTable' Entering loop, portmap socket count = 1 exit...

Hi @Crivens,

How the VPN connection was made, is it a layer-3 tunnel or WSAM (application/destination) tunnel?

Please try this and let me know what was shown  - After getting connected to the VPN, right click on the connection name >> select advanced connection details >> check the "VPN type / tunnel type".

Can you/somebody provide the pulse client logs with annotation and detailed level set for analysis?

Setting detailed level and annotation on the pulse client:

File >> Logs >> Log level >> Detailed & File >> Logs >> Annotate >> Enter any string.

Saving the logs:

Files >> Logs >> Save as.

-- Ray.

Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ray,

Tunnel type is VPN, VPN type is ESP.

Ok, I will send you the logs. 

One thing I noted is that against the advanced details it says the session duration is 17903 days old. Relevant, or just a simple display bug?

Thanks,

Crivens

Occasional Visitor

Sorry to ressurect an old post, but we are seeing this issue currently at our customer (or intermittently over the last year or so). Did you ever find a solution for this?

Discussion on this thread is incomplete, since it requires admin access to the VPN server for checking the logs and packet flows. 

Please log a support ticket with Pulse Secure TAC if you're the admin or request you administrator to do so. Smiley Happy 

Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert