cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home users connecting via Remote Desktop to internal Computer get disconnected frequently

kkullot
Occasional Contributor

Home users connecting via Remote Desktop to internal Computer get disconnected frequently

A little bit of understanding:  We have users at home that are using their personal home device to go to our VPN sign in page to login.  After login they are not physically on our internal network but assigned a "Home" role that gives them a Terminal Services (RDP) session field to enter their internal computer name which then logs them into their internal desktop computer in the office.   
What is happening is users are getting disconnected every so frequently.  I am not sure where to find or look for logs as to why this is happening.  I've looked at the "Home" role for anythign that sticks out to me but don't see anything.   The users will get the following error and then their disconnected and have to re-enter their computer name to reconnect again. 

The following error occurs:
The client could not connect to the remote computer. Remote connections might not be enabled or the computer migh be too busy to accept new connections. It is also possible that network problems are preventing your connection. Please try your connection again later. If the problem continues to occur, contact your administrator.

This is frustrating for me and the users when in the middle of a meeting or whatever and the connetions drops.   I didn't have this issue when we were on 8.3, but has occured since moving to 9.1.  We are on R11.3 but will be upgrading to 11.4 tomorrow, but I don't think the upgrade fixes this issue. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone else has witnessed this issue. 

By the way another user get a Data Encryption error and gets kicked off so unsure if these are related or different. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1
zanyterp

Re: Home users connecting via Remote Desktop to internal Computer get disconnected frequently

that message indicates that they are not allowed to connect (check users>resource policies>terminal services>access control)
the user access log & events log should have an error related to the connection to the server as well