cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete connection from command line?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to delete connection from command line?

How to delete Pulse Secure desktop client (v5.2.9) connection from command line?
I already tried jamCommand.exe /deleteconnection "VPNconnection"  but it didn't work - no error, but just didn't do anything. Connection is still there.

Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: How to delete connection from command line?

UPDATE: @Mikael would be opening a support ticket with Pulse Secure TAC for further assistance. Marking this as a solution just to flag it for viewers, however the use case is considered as a limitation.

=========================================================================

@John_S  & @Mikael It seems like the jamcommand /deleteconnection option would delete only the user created connections i.e. user created connections/manual connections are having the connection-source: "user", however not the pushed connections i.e. which would be having connection-source: "preconfig"

FYI, We can see the connection-source value of the connections on the connstore.dat file.

While attempting to delete - log entries shows:

For user created - found a matching connection ive:GUID.

For pushed/managed conn.  - unable to delete connection.

I have confirmed this theory by modifying the preconfig file's source value from preconfig to user manually. But, that be would modified automatically upon the next successful connection with the VPN server, since the source of the connection set on the server would be stored as preconfig.

Sample snippets:

friendly-name: "Ray-VPN"
version: "2"
guid: "3ab42c49-d739-4be6-ab65-a01e4dd9fe25"
client-certificate-matching-rule-smartcard-logon-enabled: "true"
client-certificate-matching-rule-eku-oid: ""
client-certificate-matching-rule-eku-text: ""
server-id: "XXXXXXXX"
connection-source: "preconfig" (changed this to user)
uri-list: "xxxxx"
uri: "xxxxx"
connection-policy-override: "true"

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

It works for me in 9.1Rx client, it should be same in 5.2Rx client. I don't have a 5.2R9 for testing, can you upgrade to 9.1x version and see if it works.

Just to confirm, you're typing the connection name which is present in the Pulse Client connection list, right?

Confirmed that the command is not case sensitive.

PCS Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply!

Yes I'm typing the same connection name as in the Pulse Client.

Meanwhile I did a test - I added new connection manually and that connection I can successfully delete with jamCommand.exe /deleteconnection "connectionname" command.

For clarification, connection "VPNconnection" is added to client by configuration file with command jamCommand.exe /importFile VPNconnection.pulsepreconfig" 

Here are VPNconnection details window:

https://www.upload.ee/image/11701243/PulseSecure.jpg 

Seems like preconfigured connection type cannot be deleted with  jamCommand.exe /deleteconnection command.

But the questions still remains - how to delete this type of connection from command line?

Highlighted

Ok. It makes sense now, I've tried deleting only the manual connections which are considered as user-added i.e. by default allowed to modified by the user, hence the jamcommand delete would work.. that's no surprise, but the preconfigured are considered to be managed-connections which can configured to allow/deny modifications...so the outstanding question would be, are you able to delete that connection directly from the Pulse UI? 

PCS Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I can delete that preconfigured connection directly from Pulse client UI.

Highlighted

Thank you for confirming, it's time for me to replicate the setup.

PCS Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

No problem!
Please keep me updated.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I got here and looking into exactly the same problem but for macOS (10.14.6) and PulseSecure 9.1.4.

I can delete manually added connections with this command, but no success with Preconfig added connections. So please look into this for macOS too.

"/Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/JamUI/jamCommand" -deleteconnection "NAME" 
Highlighted

UPDATE: @Mikael would be opening a support ticket with Pulse Secure TAC for further assistance. Marking this as a solution just to flag it for viewers, however the use case is considered as a limitation.

=========================================================================

@John_S  & @Mikael It seems like the jamcommand /deleteconnection option would delete only the user created connections i.e. user created connections/manual connections are having the connection-source: "user", however not the pushed connections i.e. which would be having connection-source: "preconfig"

FYI, We can see the connection-source value of the connections on the connstore.dat file.

While attempting to delete - log entries shows:

For user created - found a matching connection ive:GUID.

For pushed/managed conn.  - unable to delete connection.

I have confirmed this theory by modifying the preconfig file's source value from preconfig to user manually. But, that be would modified automatically upon the next successful connection with the VPN server, since the source of the connection set on the server would be stored as preconfig.

Sample snippets:

friendly-name: "Ray-VPN"
version: "2"
guid: "3ab42c49-d739-4be6-ab65-a01e4dd9fe25"
client-certificate-matching-rule-smartcard-logon-enabled: "true"
client-certificate-matching-rule-eku-oid: ""
client-certificate-matching-rule-eku-text: ""
server-id: "XXXXXXXX"
connection-source: "preconfig" (changed this to user)
uri-list: "xxxxx"
uri: "xxxxx"
connection-policy-override: "true"

PCS Expert

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the response.

One step forward, but as admin I want to have to full controll and whould like to have the controll to remove preconfig from a script. What I really want for the Mac, that Pulse Secure should support configurations profiles (mobileconfigs) for controlling the preconfig, then I could push out changes from a MDM server.

regards

Mikael