cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Pulse Secure compatible with ExpressVPN

Highlighted

Is Pulse Secure compatible with ExpressVPN

I do development work for corporate accounts using Pulse Secure VPN (on Windows 10).  At other times I do work that requires me to use ExpressVPN. Are these two VPN services compatible or mutually exclusive. For example, can I use Express VPN to establish a server connection in another country where I need to do work, then use Pulse Secure VPN to communicate with the corporate servers in that country, or must some other approach be used?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Is Pulse Secure compatible with ExpressVPN

@morebits So you're trying to do tunnel-in-tunnel, which would work with not-so-good performance. let me know if there are any issues.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have tried and it did not work, I had to deactivate ExpressVPN to be able to access Pulse Segure. What is this about?

Highlighted

@Igna Were you not able to connect to Pulse Secure VPN or not able to access any sites after connected to Pulse VPN?

PCS Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

With some servers I could not connect to Pulse, but with others if I could, with which I could connect later I could not access my company's applications, usually these applications need that I be connected to Pulse to work. What is this about? Thank you!

r@yElr3y wrote:

@Igna Were you not able to connect to Pulse Secure VPN or not able to access any sites after connected to Pulse VPN?

Highlighted
New Contributor

With some servers I could not connect to Pulse, but with others if I could, with which I could connect later I could not access my company's applications, usually these applications need that I be connected to Pulse to work. What is this about? Thank you!

Highlighted

@Igna We would to see if the data traffic reaches the Pulse Secure VPN server and gets forwarded to the Internal network. What MTU being assigned to the tunnel interface of the ExpressVPN and PulseVPN? In order this setup, MTU of the Pulse Client adapter should be lower than the ExpressVPN adapter, as the encrypted data need to be passed through the ExpressVPN which will be get encrypted again and sent out through the physical Interface.

PCS Expert