Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Client - DNS

DaveG
Contributor

Pulse Client - DNS

Hi all,

A while back there was an issue with the Pulse Client not changing the DNS settings back after a disconnect. This meant the users wouldn't be able to connect to anything because the DNS settings were pointing to the corporate/VPN DNS address.

I ended up creating a script to reset the DNS settings on user login which got around this issue. I ended up disabling the script because it had been a while, but it appears there's still a bug with the client?

8 REPLIES 8
zanyterp

Re: Pulse Client - DNS

we expect this to be working in user-space tunnels with the 22.x client. there is an on-going investigation with machine tunnels; however, we are not currently aware of failures with user connections. what are you seeing?
DaveG
Contributor

@zanyterp wrote:
we expect this to be working in user-space tunnels with the 22.x client. there is an on-going investigation with machine tunnels; however, we are not currently aware of failures with user connections. what are you seeing?

Ok. We're just using user connections on the 22.x client. People connect to the VPN, disconnect, but their wifi adaptor still has the DNS settings set as static to our corporate DNS settings and doesn't change it back to DHCP.

Is there anyway on the VPN appliance to not set the DNS as static on their adaptor?

zanyterp

you have two options (both of which are equally viable; it depends on what works best for your use case):

1.  you can use IP only rules
  2.  you can enable the split dns driver feature on the advanced configuration options
DaveG
Contributor

Thanks. Do you have a link to the second option in the documents somewhere?

zanyterp

https://help.ivanti.com/ps/help/en_US/ICS/9.1RX/wnd-9.1R15/pulse_desktop_client.html
This should have information on how to enable this feature
DaveG
Contributor

Thanks @zanyterp . I might try and implement it if it becomes a bigger issue.

zanyterp

you are welcome, @DaveG
i hope it works out successfully (other than it means it is a problem…🤕)
DerFalk
Contributor

Link not working anymore... please renew.