Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Desktop - Azure SAML - Extend Session

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Pulse Desktop - Azure SAML - Extend Session

Hi all,

We setup Pulse Desktop to be able to authenticate using Azure and SAML. This works fine for us when connecting. However, when the person tries to extend a session, the Pulse Browser window will show that 

I can disconnect and reconnect and have no issue. It's only when extending the session.

I'm not sure what the issue could be? What address is it trying to lookup and why would can I connect normally? Or does SAML not support extending sessions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Pulse Desktop - Azure SAML - Extend Session

Extending the session will keep the tunnel intact until the session extension succeeds, hence check if the login.microsoftonline.com traffic might go through the VPN tunnel. I expect the MS site should go direct, and the authentication should come up.

is it a full tunnel? do we allow the MS site to passthrough?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Extending the session will keep the tunnel intact until the session extension succeeds, hence check if the login.microsoftonline.com traffic might go through the VPN tunnel. I expect the MS site should go direct, and the authentication should come up.

is it a full tunnel? do we allow the MS site to passthrough?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! It's something to do with our split tunnelling so just need to test more.