cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Issue with Remote Desktop

Occasional Contributor

Pulse Issue with Remote Desktop

Prior to Jan 2018, an Admin user was able to RDP (as the admin) into a VPN user's machine and fix any issues with the machine.  Now, when an Admin attempts to connect, the VPN session is immediately closed as soon as the Admin starts to log in.

Any ideas?

SK

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Pulse Issue with Remote Desktop

In January did you upgrade to 5.3 or 5.2R9?
Is the user session still active when the admin user logs in over RDP?
New Contributor

Can you check if the user is being disconnected? We may be having a similar issue, and in the logs we see the user is being disconnected, which would kill the VPN connection as well.

I face same problem

this sounds like correct behavior
please open a case with support for further information

I am experiencing the same issue where upon connecting to the remote desktop (mine) the Pulse connection imediately goes to connecting.  I need to turn off the Symantec firewall after connecting to work thru Pulse Secure before trying remoting to my desktop.  kind of a pain.  This was not the case in the past.  I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Pulse Secure.

Occasional Visitor

having the same issue logoff issue once i rdp to my laptop.

i used to rdp to my laptop, then i open my vpn connection. sometime i closed the rdp (no logoff, just closing it) and worked on my workstation for hours, then i re-opened the rdp session - everything was ok.

when i now re-open the rdp session to my laptop, where the vpn connection exists, it automatically logs me off of vpn. thats sad. i think it started after the last pulse vpn client update my company applied.

is there any setting which can avoid the vpn client to logoff once i rdp to my laptop?

I believe, starting from pulse client 5.3R4 version this behaviour has been introduced. Please use 5.3R3 or below to overcome this behaviour.
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert