cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure 9.1.2 not connecting when using RDP (Win10) to connect to client host

rsh0327
New Contributor

Pulse Secure 9.1.2 not connecting when using RDP (Win10) to connect to client host

So this subject is somewhat convoluted, but here's a more detailed explanation. I have a Windows 10 host with Pulse Secure 9.1.2 on it. I use RDP to access this Win10 machine. When I am RDP'd into the machine, I use Pulse Secure to establish a VPN (SRX) connection. After a few seconds of "Connecting", my RDP session is disconnected, which seems to indicate the network connection is dropped. After about 30 seconds, my RDP session is reestablished, but the Pulse Secure VPN session never establishes. This used to work a week ago, so something very recently has changed (guessing with Windows), but I cannot figure this out.

One interesting data point is if I am connected directly to the PC, in other words no RDP connection, I can use Pulse Secure without any issues.

Anyone has any experience with something like this? Ideas? Thanks!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
zanyterp

Re: Pulse Secure 9.1.2 not connecting when using RDP (Win10) to connect to client host

yes, connecting over RDP is expected to disconnect the pulse session (or cause RDP to disconnect).
are you able to install pulse 9.1r10 to see if you see the same behavior?
rsh0327
New Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure 9.1.2 not connecting when using RDP (Win10) to connect to client host

Unfortunately, I do not have access to 9.1r10.

rsh0327
New Contributor

I was able to get 9.1R10 and the behavior is still the same.