Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure Client and Pulse Secure Network Connect

Highlighted
mla
New Contributor

Pulse Secure Client and Pulse Secure Network Connect

Hi,
I am deploying Windows image for corporate mobile client.

I provide Pulse Secure Client package for silent install as post image deployment.

One of the guys that currently not here asked to provide Pulse Secure Network Connect.

The tech checked final deployment and everything works fine without Pulse Secure Connect.
Personally, I never used it when used Juniper for ssl connection.

Can somebody clarify if the presence or Pulse Secure Network Connect will do any better for VPN connection. I guess it may have different purpose.
And I don't see it as requirement of our top top LEVEL IT site SSL VPN config documentation.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES

Re: Pulse Secure Client and Pulse Secure Network Connect

can you clarify the concern, please?
is this for mobile phones or laptop users that roam?
is there a user having issues with the pulse client that he believes will not happen with Network Connect?
They are supported to coexist on the same system, yes
mla
New Contributor

> the "concern" do I need a second piece of software if the first doing fine for the intended purpose

is this for mobile phones or laptop users that roam?
> only laptops (as I provide the app for laptop deployment)

is there a user having issues with the pulse client that he believes will not happen with Network Connect?
> no such a user... as mentioned it was asked by somebody who left to deploy both apps

> understand the coexistent with no issue... the question is do I need it if the CLIENT does the job.
And could the second one improve or make any better VPN connection.

Thx.

You are welcome; thank you for clarifying and answering my other questions.

> the "concern" do I need a second piece of software if the first doing fine for the intended purpose
Z: No; using the Pulse Secure Desktop client will provide the VPN (and is much more seamless for your users overall)

> no such a user... as mentioned it was asked by somebody who left to deploy both apps
Z: thank you for clarifying. There is no need to deploy them both

> understand the coexistent with no issue... the question is do I need it if the CLIENT does the job.
And could the second one improve or make any better VPN connection.
Z: Pulse will be the client that does the job and improves on the VPN connection experience
mla
New Contributor

Thanks!