cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure Connects but private network often unavailable

jestep
Occasional Visitor

Pulse Secure Connects but private network often unavailable

We've exhausted our server host's support ability trying to figure this out. 

Basically, our pulse secure clients, connecting to a Juniper SRX300, will connect fine every time, but about half the time, we are unable to access anything on the private network including the VPN itself. This happens with all of our users.

We've tried running as admin, have the newest clients installed, but no matter the computer or network we are connecting from, every single user has the same problem. All users are running Windows 10 Pro, not on a domain, not on the same network. Computers are for the most part not on the same hardware at all.

Computers in use:
Dell G5 15 (5590)
Dell Precision 5510
Dell Precision 3520
Dell Latitude 5490
Dell Latitude 5590
Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th gen)
ASUS Sabertooth X79
ASUS ROG GL502V

We've found that completely exiting out of the Pulse Secure client and re-running as administrator, will sometimes work, but it can take as many as 50 tries for the private network to become available. And again, this happens for every user. I've looked at the logs when the network isn't available and I can't see any different to when the client works the way it is supposed to. There's nothing in the logs on the Juniper firewall to indicate a problem either. We're looking for any help on this we can get, at the point where we're considering dumping our host and this VPN entirely because it's so unreliable.
1 REPLY 1
zanyterp

Re: Pulse Secure Connects but private network often unavailable

if you have not already done so, i would recommend opening a case with juniper for them to review
are you using split tunneling enabled or disabled?
are you connecting to only one SRX or a cluster?