cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure Launcher does not run on Mac Catalina

hcovill@gmail.com
New Contributor

Pulse Secure Launcher does not run on Mac Catalina

Trying to install configured Pulse Secure from my company's website.  Pulse Application Launcher downloads, along with SetupClient.  I've tried downloading/running within Chrome and Safari, and have uninstalled the application along with specific plist files and restarting my new work-provided intel MacBook Pro 25 times with no luck.

I get through Figure 18/step 5 for Mac on this instruction list, but step 6 does not ever happen no matter what I click on or try to run.

https://www-prev.pulsesecure.net/download/techpubs/current/1359/pulse-client/pulse-secure-client-des...

I'll be grateful if someone can please help.

3 REPLIES 3
hcovill@gmail.com
New Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure Launcher does not run on Mac Catalina

I should add that when I log into my company's website, when the Pulse Secure GUI should launch, the message says, "The server configuration requires the application to be pre-installed on your machine."  I can download the PulseApplicationLauncher and the SetupClient, but when I click to run them, even when my IT department admin does, nothing happens.  

rdumitrescu
Contributor

The message "The server configuration requires the application to be pre-installed on your machine." makes me think that probably the "Enable web installation and automatic upgrade of Pulse Secure clients" option is disabled on the server side and you don't have preinstalled the Pulse Secure Client before you tried to connect.

Do you have the Pulse Secure Client installed?

If not you need to install it first and then try again.

If you don't have the installer of Pulse Secure Client get in touch with your admin

zanyterp

it is a combination of that and/or the component set is not configured properly and is set to a value of none.
as @rdumitrescu stated, you need to check with your IT/admin team for installation information of the client (either, or both, the software and the config file)