Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure and Windows 10 x64 1903 makes WiFi disappear

mt
New Contributor

Pulse Secure and Windows 10 x64 1903 makes WiFi disappear

Hi,

I've upgraded from Windows 7 x64 to the latest Windows 10 x64 1903. Immediatelly after installing Pulse Secure V9.0.2 (upgrade to 9.0.3 wouldn't help) the Wireless network was lost - no WiFi option in Network settings. Updated the WiFi drivers. Nothing helped. Only after going to the last recovery point the WiFi would work again - this was before installing Pulse Secure. Tried different things with the drivers, the WiFi networks... everytime when I'd install Pulse Secure it would happened again - no WiFi.

Then I reformated the laptop and did a clean install of Windows 10 x64 1903 and to my suprise the WiFi would be gone as soon the Pulse Secure was installed/configured and did a test connection to the VPN server. Internet wouldn't work, WiFi icon would only show "airplane option". The button on the laptop would always be white as WiFi works. But Pulse Secure client could still make the connection to the VPN server. So WiFi was somehow still working, but only for Pulse Secure client.

I reinstalled Windows 10 x64 again but with version 1809. Now everything works.

Test laptops: HP 450 G4 and HP 440 G3. I couldn't make Pulse Secure V9.0.2 or V9.0.3 to work with the latest Windows 10 x64 1903 update. Now rolling back.

I hope you fix the problem soon.

MT

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Pulse Secure and Windows 10 x64 1903 makes WiFi disappear

have you created a case with our support team to investigate?
do you have hyperV installed/active on any of those versions? if yes, can you disable the juniper network service from the hyperV adapters/networks to see if a difference in behavior is observed?
mt
New Contributor

No case opened so far.

No Hyper-V on the laptops. Only default Windows 10 x64 1903 is installed with drivers.

Sadly, that is not something we have seen yet
I would recommend opening a case
New Contributor

I have the same problem in our office. Sometimes there is only a AirPlane Mode and sometimes WiFi is deactivated and i have to activate it and it works. 

BR

During the time of issue, can you confirm the status of "Network List Service" under services.msc?

I have seen the network icon getting disappeared only if the NLS service was stopped and startup type set to disabled instead of automatic.

Connecting to VPN from Pulse Client version 9.0.2 has the logic of toggling NLA service (NLS dependant), and leaves the NLS in disabled state if the service fails to respond or busy with other operations.

Once the NLS startup mode was set to DISABLED, it will not be started/enabled automatically, we have to manually change the start it and set the startup type to automatic.

Installing 9.0R3 Pulse Client will not change the settings made by 9.0R2.

Above issue will only occur if you connect with 9.0R2 client not just by installing it.

https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB43897/

Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert