Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure constantly opening Safari on MacOS

cjdshaw
New Contributor

Pulse Secure constantly opening Safari on MacOS

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Pulse Secure 9.1.11

Chrome 90.0.4430.85

I'm using Pulse Secure to access my company's VPN. I log in successfully in Chrome, it opens Pulse which connects. Then Safari opens to a blank page for no reason. If I close it, it immediately opens again, still on a blank page

With the previous version of Pulse, Safari would open on connection, but at least I could close it. Now it refuses to stay closed

8 REPLIES 8
cjdshaw
New Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure constantly opening Safari on MacOS

My default browser is set to Chrome, by the way, so there's no reason Pulse should ever open Safari

zanyterp

for the initial login, safari should be opening as it is statically set to open safari. unfortunately, we have not seen reports of this happening yet; if you have not done so, please open a case with our support team for investigation
r@yElr3y

@cjdshaw This should not be happening if the Pulse Client is set to use the Embedded browser.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
cjdshaw
New Contributor

r@yElr3y wrote:

@cjdshaw This should not be happening if the Pulse Client is set to use the Embedded browser.

Where is this setting? I can't see it anywhere

r@yElr3y

@cjdshaw That setting has to be pushed from the VPN server or we would need to get the preconfiguration file from the server (had to downloaded by admin) which we can installed using jamcommand - https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB44037/?kA1f1000000PGjd

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
unk
New Contributor

Having the same issue. MacOS Big Sur. Safari keeps opening regardless if connected through pulseconnect. 

unk
New Contributor

Duplicate post. 

r.b

Same issue here with MacOS Big Sur 11.4. 
There is any fix for this issue?