Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure on Debian 9

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pulse Secure on Debian 9

Hi, 

I installed pulse-5.3R2.i386.deb (the only version I got from my company) on my laptop running debian 9 (64 bit).

Unfortunately I have some problems:

First, I needed to add debian 9 as a major os version in PulseClient.sh (line 325)

if [ $DEBIAN_MAJOR_VERSION = 9 ]; 

Then, it complained about libwebkitgtk, which apparently needs to be the 32-bit version. I installed the package to /tmp and pointed LD_LIBRARY_PATH there.

Now, running ./pulseUi gives me the following error:

user@debian:/usr/local/pulse$ ./pulseUi
./pulseUi: error while loading shared libraries: libsoup-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Before I continue down that rabbit hole of manually installing packages: Is there an easier to do this on debian 9?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Pulse Secure on Debian 9

Hello David,

Pulse client fully supports debian 9 with Pulse Desktop client 5.3R3. Please reach out to your administrator to download the latest client and confirm all issues are resolved.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Manager

Hello David,

Pulse client fully supports debian 9 with Pulse Desktop client 5.3R3. Please reach out to your administrator to download the latest client and confirm all issues are resolved.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I had this same problem with Fedora, I had to export the pulse location to the ld library path.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/pulse

this fixed this error for me, unfortunately in Fedora 27 webkitgtk is no longer supported so it brought me to a new error. maybe this is it for you though?