Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure on Ubuntu 18.04LTS Hangs on Host Checker

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Pulse Secure on Ubuntu 18.04LTS Hangs on Host Checker

Using Pulse Secure client 9.1R5(151) on Ubuntu 18.04LTS.When connecting, the screen remains on Host Checker. Runnint tail -r ~/.pulse_secure/pulse/pulsesvc.log shows the policy check returns "statusSmiley SurprisedK". Our Host Checker screen has a "click here" link to continue if an error prevents a component from loading properly. When I click it, the message "Components loaded successfully" appears, but the client never continues to establish the connection.

Has anyone else seen this behavior? Any suggestions on what else to check?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Pulse Secure on Ubuntu 18.04LTS Hangs on Host Checker

Thanks for the response. I've figured out that our proxy software wasn't configured correctly, causing all sorts of problems. I've straightened that out and don't have this problem any more.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

@dday376 Ideally, we would be using "click here" in case if we don't like to wait and willing to give up the access (user role) which would be assigned after a successful host check. What happens if you the host checker to load the components, do you see any error message after some time?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I've figured out that our proxy software wasn't configured correctly, causing all sorts of problems. I've straightened that out and don't have this problem any more.

View solution in original post