cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse client update - 9.1.1 to 9.1.9 - is a reboot always required

New Contributor

Pulse client update - 9.1.1 to 9.1.9 - is a reboot always required

Hi,

I am trying to update around 650 end clients from 9.1.1 to the latest Pulse Secure client (9.1.9) but post update their connections are empty until they reboot. (Intune managed devices)

Is there a way to perfom this upgrade without a reboot?  (maybe a flag or option in the installation line?)

Thanks

David

3 REPLIES 3
New Contributor

Re: Pulse client update - 9.1.1 to 9.1.9 - is a reboot always required

actually - I cant seem to stop the reboot:

The process msiexec.exe has initiated the restart of computer AZWEWSxxxxxxx on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x80030002
Shut-down Type: restart
Comment: The Windows Installer initiated a system restart to complete or continue the configuration of 'Pulse Secure 9.1.9 fresh install'.

Ive asked the packaging tool not to reboot post install but looks like I cant prevent it.. Is there something I could pass in the install tool or does it simply always need to reboot?

Thanks

David

New Contributor

Hi,

I can stop the automatic reboots (using intuneWinapp / win32 app) but looks like the user still needs to reboot the entire device before the PS app is fully functional again. 

Is there anyway to upgrade without an immediate reboot?

Thanks

David

@davidnelson How the Pulse Client updates were delivered to the user machines? will the upgrade use MSIEXEC command in the background with /norestart swtich?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert