Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse secure 5.3.4 connects then disconnects every 5 seconds

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Pulse secure 5.3.4 connects then disconnects every 5 seconds

Hi all,

Im trying to acccess pulse secure and the screen shows connecting/connected/disconnecting/disconnected every 5 seconds and keeps changing despite me not touching.

I am on a home wifi running windows 10 on a lenovo laptop.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Pulse secure 5.3.4 connects then disconnects every 5 seconds

I have seen this behavior on some machines if we are utilising SAM access feature, which we can fix by enabling/disabling the "Fallback to TDI driver" option under the user role.

Can you please provide the Pulse Client logs from the affected machine for confirmation?

Pulse Client Logs:

1. Open Pulse Client.
2. File >> Logs >> Annotate >> "issue"
3. File >> Logs >> Log level >> Detailed.
4. Replicate the issue.
5. File >> Logs >> Save as.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hello, we are having huge issues with a memory leak in PS 9.1R8, could you tell me where I can find documentation to edit the connstore.dat file or could you tell me how to change this option: "Fallback to TDI driver" under the user role as you mentioned on your post.
Thanks in advance for your time.

Highlighted

@jricardo TDI driver fallback has to be enabled on the VPN server, users >> user roles >> (role) >> SAM >> options >> Enable TDI fallback.

PCS Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

r@yElr3y Is there a way to enable the TDI driver from the user side? Maybe editing the connstore.dat file?

Highlighted

@jricardo Unfortunately, there is no option available on the user side for that.

Connstore is just a database for storing info regarding the pulse client  and its connections.

Fallback to TDI = 0 or 1 value would be sent by the VPN server, which would make the Pulse Client to load the TDI driver (1) or WFP driver (0) for SAM usage.

PCS Expert