These combination sets of application are working for me. Make sure you have these in your App & Features and should be in order in my opinion.
1) Pulse Secure Installer Service
2) Pulse Secure Network Connect 8.2
3) Pulse Secure Setup Client 64bit Activex Control
(1-3, I already had these apps in my computer, not sure was the correct order above)
4) Pulse Application Launcher
5) Pulse Secure Setup Client
After you have those above, then install
6) Pulse Secure 9.1 (dependable on the above apps)
I tried different order installation. 4, 5, 6 was the successful sequence.
I've successfullty done this a few times. However I recently wiped my laptop andtried to reintall pulse with these steps after getting the intial error, but the PULSE CLIENT SETUP in the folder does not open after double clicking. Ive tried multiple time but it refuses to open. Any ideas would be great please