cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN disconnects when we do switch user

Highlighted

VPN disconnects when we do switch user

Version - 9.0.4.64093, Windows 10 1909

We have our remote users using Pulse and since this new update, every time we do switch user, pulse disconnects.

We are not trying to create another account, we already created that before shipping them out. Users don't have admin rights, so when we remote in and try to do switch user to do things that requires admin, pulse disconnects. This is really PIA.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: VPN disconnects when we do switch user

That's expected behavior starting from 5.3R4 and above clients.

https://kb.pulsesecure.net/articles/Pulse_Secure_Article/KB43649/?kA1f1000000bnnE

Does the run as administrator or run as different user option wouldn't work for doing those things? I'm just curious... Smiley Happy

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

No, I'm logged in as an admin using a local account. I had a user take a leave of absence. She works remotely. She has forgotten her windows login password. I had her login locally as the admin, then we connected via pulse secure to our network. When we do a "switch user", pulse disconnects so when we enter the new credentials, we aren't connected to the company network any longer and her login fails.

Highlighted

Yes, that's expected to happen from 5.3R4 client and higher. So we are trying to update the windows cache with the new password, correct? Please try to update her domain cached credentials when you're logged as local admin (which has VPN tunnel).

If I remember correctly, you just need to run any simple application like paint or notepad by choosing "Run as different user" option (right-click while holding shift-key to see that) and enter the new password of the user to update the local system cache. Then, the user can login using switch user, connect to VPN, do ctrl+alt+delete >> change the password again.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert