cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Administrator Does Not Allow Adding or Editing Connections

New Contributor

Your Administrator Does Not Allow Adding or Editing Connections

Hello,

I can't add or delete any entries in the PulseSecure. It is my personal machine and I am not in domain environment. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software it did not help. Cleaning registry entries were waste of time as well.

Windows 7 Pro
PulseSecure 5.1

Any suggestion will help.

Thank you
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Your Administrator Does Not Allow Adding or Editing Connections

As the message indicates, you need to talk to the system administrator. The restriction is set on the server side.
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Filbert. I am the system administrator on my machine and can you please explain what do you mean by "restrictions are set on server side"

Thanks
Contributor

The administrator of the VPN server you are connecting to with your Pulse client.
New Contributor

I need to remove all restrictions how can I do that on my local machine?

Unfortunately, the system(s) that you have connected against have set the option on the client to not allow configuration changes by users; this cannot be overridden by the user.
In order to change the configuration, the administrator of the system(s) you connect to will need to adjust the Pulse Connection Set to allow user modification.
Pulser

Hi,

- Through which way you have deployed/Installed the Pulse client ? (Via Web, Or manual installation OR Preconfig file )
- Did you downloaded and installed the pulse client from the Pulse Secure Support site ? If so, you should be able to add or modify the connection set.
- Also when you try to uninstall -- it would prompt to you to ask to save the connections or not... Chosse "NO"
- Also make sure you don't see the folder "ConnectionStore" on this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Juniper Networks\
- FYI : If the VPN admin has enabled the "Allow user connections" option under the Pulse Connection set on the PCS device -- you should be able to add/delete/modify the connection set --- If this check box is disabled--- you will not be able to modify the connection set.
- Being said, it depends upon how you have deployed the Pulse client.

Thanks