cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect to chromecast?

primateonduty
New Contributor

how to connect to chromecast?

Working from as most you and using Pulse secure desktop application to connect to work enviroment. As my chromecast device is routed through my private internet connection, I wonder if there is a way to cast tabs / apps directly to chromecast from my work laptop.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
r@yElr3y

Re: how to connect to chromecast?

@primateonduty I haven't tested chromecast access through VPN connection. Are you trying to cast to a chromecast-enabled device present in your office network or local home network?

Home/local CCast access should probably work if the VPN connection is not blocking the local network access.

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert
primateonduty
New Contributor

r@yElr3y I try to cast from my work laptop to chromecast connected to my TV/receiver in my local home network. Like to use it as an extended monitor for conferences (sharing chrome tab) or stream music (via Tidal app). Currently chromecast will not show up as an device being connected via Pulse. thx

r@yElr3y

@primateonduty Is it full or split tunnel? I believe, tunnel route precedence will prevent your work laptop from communicating with your home network devices.

As we know, Chromecast will use simple multicast protocol for service discovery and client will try to connect to the chromecast enabled device locally. Hence, it is possible to block those access through VPN config.

Are you able to access other local network devices such as printers, shares, etc.?

PCS Expert
Pulse Connect Secure Certified Expert