cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pulse secure issues on windows 10

Occasional Visitor

pulse secure issues on windows 10

Does anyone else have issues with pulse secure client on windows 10?

I connect fine to my remote juniper srx router with the vpn connection

my computer sees the virtual network but when i try to reach resources on the virtual network it wont let me. The behavior is more like hit or miss. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not work.

At the moment now it has not worked for days

I have been having these issue since the software was with juniper before it got rebranded as pulsesecure and still several years still having this hit or miss issues. And this is after switching multiple windows 10 computers.

On mac it works great no issues at all. But on windows 10 it is hell on earth.

Anyone else have this issue as i truly believe it is an OS issue

11 REPLIES 11

Re: pulse secure issues on windows 10

ihate - I've not seen this using pulsesecure, but one of my other clients uses Global Protect, and this is a chronic issue for me accessing network resources.  Your problem description seems identical to mine.  I happen to be migrating to virtual machines for my development environments, and oddly, the VM running Windows 10 or Windows 7 can piggyback on the Global Protect vpn connection and access network resources fine.

I think it's a windows 10 thing.  Good luck getting help with that.  Once I complete my migration to VMs, I'm scrubbing the base install.

cg

New Contributor

Same issue here but cant find the reason or the solution for this. Need solution for this asap.

Same issue here. For WEEKS.

New Contributor

I have the same issue as well with PulseSecure VPN Client - VPN always connects but I rarely have connectivity on the routed network. Occasionally it will work after a restart of the Win10 machine. Interestingly enough, I created a Win10 VM and it connects every time, and if I connect with the VM, then connect the VPN on my machine it works. I can then shut the VM down and the VPN continues to work, any ideas? 

New Contributor

the fix is available in the upcoming release of 12.3X48-D80 onwards.
New Contributor

For the folks using the Pulse Secure/Juniper clients, are you creating a SRX connection type in the client or are you using Pulse Secure's Policy Secure to provision the connection for you? 

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Global Escalation Manager

Pulse Secure

Do you have a Juniper case number?  I'd like to reach out to our contacts there to get to the bottom of this.  Our client hasn't changed with respect to the IPSEC connection to the SRX for a few years now.

Thank you

Craig Brauckmiller

Global Escalation Manager

Pulse Secure

Super Contributor

Craig,

If you select the rate this article on the kb on the Juniper site.

You will get an add comment box.  There you can type a note that will be automatically sent to the author of that kb article.  

You can potentially contact the right people that way.  It has worked for me in the past.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro-Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home