I installed Pulse Secure, got it set up and connected to my company's VPN, but the network connections act as if the VPN is off (I can't access internal addresses and get a "permissions denied" error). This same exact setup works fine on Android for me (and it's always worked on Windows/Mac). It shows "connected", and I tried renewing the lease in network settings, but it does not appear to change the results.
I'm not seeing any new IP address in network settings on the iPhone.
The error is seen when trying to hit an internal server via IP address in a web browser. It's an error in the browser because it can't load the website. There are no errors in Pulse (that I saw).
I'm not sure of the specifics in the background, I just know that I do the same steps on Android and it works fine (when Junos Pulse is connected the IP loads the page, when it's not it doesn't). iOS seems to need extra steps/settings, but I can't tell what.