cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Secure on One Plus 6 (Android)

Visitor

Pulse Secure on One Plus 6 (Android)

Hi,

I use my personal device (a One Plus 6) for access to work email.  Having recently bought a new phone, I had to go through a setup process through which I ultimately get access to our enterprise G-Suite.  As part of this process;

• Download mobileiron and register with our servers
  • Mobileiron installs the various work versions of G-Suite as well as the digital certificates I need
  • I have to create a VPN using Pulse Secure to finish the process as it sets up the initial handshake
  • Once the handshake has been done, I use Gmail to select my work email address and hey presto.  Without the VPN, I cannot do the previous step.

When I get to the VPN bit, I receive the message "Pulse Secure needs to initialize its access to Android's Credential Storage. To proceed, please allow the selected certificate on the next screen."

When I click on "OK", something tries to load and then craps out.  Are there any known issues with Pulse Secure accessing the Certificate Store?  Any help would be much appreciated.

As a result, I cannot work out whether to hate One Plus 6, Pulse Secure or Mobile Iron.

Rich

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Pulse Secure on One Plus 6 (Android)

I am not aware of any issues with using the certificate store. Please work with your admin team for a support case to track the issue

Did you manage to solve this issue? I am facing the same

Zod
Pulser

Issue is coming only in OnePlus, as OnePlus is running on OxygenOS which we officially do not support.

Occasional Visitor

@FirstPremierCard wrote

Hi,

I use my personal device (a One Plus 6) for access to work email.  Having recently bought a new phone, I had to go through a setup process through which I ultimately get access to our enterprise G-Suite.  As part of this process;

• Download mobileiron and register with our servers
  • Mobileiron installs the various work versions of G-Suite as well as the digital certificates I need
  • I have to create a VPN using Pulse Secure to finish the process as it sets up the initial handshake
  • Once the handshake has been done, I use Gmail to select my work email address and hey presto.  Without the VPN, I cannot do the previous step.

When I get to the VPN bit, I receive the message "Pulse Secure needs to initialize its access to Android's Credential Storage. To proceed, please allow the selected certificate on the next screen."

When I click on "OK", something tries to load and then craps out.  Are there any known issues with Pulse Secure accessing the Certificate Store?  Any help would be much appreciated.

As a result, I cannot work out whether to hate One Plus 6, Pulse Secure or Mobile Iron.

Rich

Facing the same problem, please help me.

Can you please reproduce the issue and send me the pulse client logs for review?

Pulse client -- Support -- Send logs.

which version of Android OS are you using?
there is an issue with pre-Android 9.0 in which the OS revokes the Pulse Secure client access (even after granting access)
the configuration, in our testing, requires the certificate to be configured for the Pulse Secure client using the application configuration option in AirWatch