cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thoughts on Pulse Secure VPN?

Occasional Visitor

Thoughts on Pulse Secure VPN?

Hi All. We currently use Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Many of our workers are constantly moving around using cellular networks. We are frustrated because AnyConnect keeps dropping the connection. We heard that Pulse Secure might be able to help with this and are considering switching to their VPN solution. Does anyone use Pulse Secure VPN on cellular networks?

1 REPLY
Super Contributor

Re: Thoughts on Pulse Secure VPN?

I use pulse secure on OSX Macbook to a tethered verizon phone occasionally after hours support.  I have not had any issues connecting and staying connected.

Less often I used the pulse client directly on an older Samsung galaxy tablet directly to check on devices and status for after hours tickets while remote also on Verizon.  No issues here either.

Pulse will try to connect esp where possible for a better connection.  But I have seen some carriers (ATT in the USA is one) that block that protocol unless you buy a "business" package.  But the pulse client will cleanly fall back to ssl connect in that situation. 

When you can connect esp the performance is noticably better which may be why people switching from anyconnect experience a boost.

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications Pittsburgh, PA (Metro Ethernet & ISP) - http://puluka.com/home