cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check/confirm if a machine is a part of domain or NOT a part of domain !!!!!!!!! ?????

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to check/confirm if a machine is a part of domain or NOT a part of domain !!!!!!!!! ?????

Hi,

Using Host checker, how to check/confirm if a machine is a part of domain or NOT a part of domain while using authenticated Accout with weindows 2008 and IC 4500._

simply curious, and need resolution to my issue.

I have a deployment where customer has this requirement ?

waiting for solution.

kamran.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: How to check/confirm if a machine is a part of domain or NOT a part of domain !!!!!!!!! ?????

Hi Kamaran,

You can configure IC to check the windows registry of the user for domain info.

Below is the registry hive you need to check,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Domain

_

Regards,

Ravenn

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to check/confirm if a machine is a part of domain or NOT a part of domain !!!!!!!!! ?????

KB : 12722 talks about the file to check in c drive , well what is the way to check registry value through IC host checker.

my client prefers to use JUNOS Pulse client ? would it work with it or not ?

Also now JunOS Pulse - > does it support single sign on like OAC , with windows 2008 AD ? Coz' i am using IC 4500 with versino 4.0 and in AD section it shows me 2008 domain controller check-box ! ?

do reply !

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi Kamran,

You need to navigate like below to add registry checks,

* IC UI --> Authentication --> Endpoint Security --> Host Checker --> Policy --> Windows Tab

* You should see drop down box for 'Rule settings', select 'Custom: Registry Setting'

* Click Add and cofigure required registry key_

Yes pulse can do Dot1x for EAP-JUAC and host checking is possible.

Regards,

Raveen

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

thanks !!!!