cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IC vs MAG license comparison

AliAzzam_
New Contributor

IC vs MAG license comparison

I wondering on difference between ACCESSX600-ADD-250U license and IC4500-ADD-250E license , there is big difference on price so I need to know when we can order each one of them.

In other words if I have requirements to get NAC solution for 250 users so the best is to order IC4500 + IC4500-ADD-250E or MAG6610 + ACCESSX600-ADD-250U , there is big price difference !!

4 REPLIES 4
Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Re: IC vs MAG license comparison

Hi Ali,

IC4500 is a standalone appliance, you can install only UAC software on to it.

MAG6610 is a modular chassis, where you can add multiple modules and can run both SA(SSL VPN) and IC together or can have multiple instances of UAC/IC.

Note: If I have answered your question, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it would help others as well. A kudos will be a bonus thanks!

Regards,

Raveen

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi AliAzam,

There is no technical difference between the license of IC 4500 250 U and MAG 6610 -ACCESSX600-ADD-250U license

because they both serve the same purpose in terms of number of users.

MAG 6610 in our next generation hardware where you can run MAG 360/MAG 160 blades and use it accordingly. I would recommend you to work with Juniper Accoun Team in your region who can help with more information on this.

NOTE:
Please mark this post as 'accepted solution' if this answers your question that way it might help others as well, a kudo would be a bonus thanks!!

AliAzzam_
New Contributor

thanks a lot Kalagesan to your feedback

I know there is difference between MAG and IC from flexibility point , license and

My question is from pricing view , IC (IC4500-ADD-250E ) license to 250 users cost around 10k $ , and MAG license (ACCESSX600-ADD-250U ) to 250 users cost around 30K $

I wondering how juniper justify this difference for customer require only NAC solution and flexibility and modular not value to him , unless there issue to using IC4500-ADD-250E.

Ali

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi Ali,

Licensing price view information can be dealed only with Juniper accoun Team assistance since they are appropriate person to clarify your query.

Hence as requested earlier kindly reach out out to the Juniper Sales team or the J-Partner for your account in your region.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Kannan