Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OAC no Adapter to bind

Dany-Gub_
New Contributor

OAC no Adapter to bind

Hi,

One of our customers is facing a problem on a laptop (windows 7 64-bit) and its OAC (version 5.30.1849) in an infrastructure with an active/passive cluster of IC4500 UAC 4.1R5. The OAC worked correctly for several weeks. Now the authentication fails.
The problem seems to be the pc's ethernet adapter (intel 82579lm) not being present anymore in the 'adapter' tab inside the OAC. At the same time it is not possible to bind an Ethernet interface  because NIC adapters are no longer present in the  'add adapter' window  -> 'wired 802.1x' tab.
The customer tried upgrading the eth adapter drivers and reinstalling the OAC Software,  but the issue is still present

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Re: OAC no Adapter to bind

Can you tell me the driver version that you have upgraded to?

If Intel driver version is not 15.x, can you upgrade to 15.x and check if it resolves?

Regards,

Raveen

Dany-Gub_
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm waiting for  a response from  customer. I think he should have installed version 18.0.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18713&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%...

Eventually I try the version 15.x

thanks

rrosiak_
Occasional Contributor

I had simillar problem with OAC on Windows XP SP3 on few PCs. The ethernet adapter was missing in the OAC and I was not able to solve it in any way. Even the full OAC reinstallation did not solved issue. I had to use the "pulse-cleaner" that was provided by JTAC to solve this issue. Then I installed once again OAC and the ethernet adapter appeared on the OAC list. I think the "pulse-cleaner" application should be available on the Juniper download portal together with OAC.