cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to get 'normal' RADIUS accounting logs from UAC?

htroberts_
Occasional Contributor

Possible to get 'normal' RADIUS accounting logs from UAC?

We use UAC for authentication of WiFi supplicants. UAC is replacing Funk SBR.

With SBR and every other implementation I've seen of RADIUS, the server writes a comma-seperated log of accounting records, which can be parsed by report software, etc.

UAC doesn't appear to create a simple accounting log file.

Is there any convenient way, short of setting up a less-fancy RADIUS server and proxying accounting, to get accounting records in a parsable format out of UAC?

Maybe I should make this a seperate thread, but since I'm on the topic: does anyone have favorite reporting software they use to create usage reports (like: I had 1200 users make 2600 sessions today, for a total of 28,000 connection-minutes and 1488 GB if transmitted data; the top 5 users are: ...) from UAC logs? Needs to have an HTTP UI, be off-the-shelf and commercially supported, and be flexible--scheduled and ad-hoc reports.

Thanks,

Heath

2 REPLIES 2
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Re: Possible to get 'normal' RADIUS accounting logs from UAC?

Hi Heath,

I understand your query on possibility of getting  'normal' RADIUS accounting logs from UAC.

I hope  that this reporting  is not possible from UAC device however the workaround is,  you can have SBR enterprise server configured as a radius server instance in the Infranet controller auth server configuration with accounting enabled . This will ensure that all authentication traffic for the radius server is redirected to SBR server. You can collect the accounting logs from SBR server. You need to use some extrenal software to parse the radius accounting logs to get it in report format. 

If you still need this requirement as part of UAC, I would recommend you to work with your local Juniper Account team on this to know the possibility of inculding it as new feature

Hope this resolves your query

Regards,

Kannan

kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Re: Possible to get 'normal' RADIUS accounting logs from UAC?

Hi Heath,

Did you got the answer that you are looking for in my last reply?

Regards,

Kannan