Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBR encoding

Highlighted
New Contributor

SBR encoding

Hi,

We are in the middle of a migration of our production environment, from Solaris to SuSe Linux, and there is a J2EE Java application that uses/depends on a proprietary library to encoding Juniper passwords of Radius users/administrators.

This library is implemented in a Java file called ñSBRutils.jarî that loads a Solaris Shared Library called ñlibxencmd5.soî to perform a MD5 encoding for the Radius passwords.

In the content of de Java file, there is a META-INF file with this information:

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Specification-Title: Utilities for Steel Belted Radius

Created-By: 1.4.2_05 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

Implementation-Title: com.juniper.sbr.util

Specification-Vendor: Juniper Networks, Inc.

Specification-Version: 1.0

Implementation-Version: build01

Implementation-Vendor: Juniper Networks, Inc.

And in the interface we can see the operations that are implemented in this package:

package com.juniper.sbr.utils;

public class xencmd5  {

private java.lang.String ENC_MARKER;

public xencmd5()

private native java.lang.String EncMd5Generate(java.lang.String s, java.lang.String s1, int i, java.lang.String s2);

private native java.lang.String EncMd5Decrypt(java.lang.String s, java.lang.String s1);

public java.lang.String Generate(java.lang.String s, java.lang.String s1, int i, java.lang.String s2)

public java.lang.String Decrypt(java.lang.String s, java.lang.String s1)

public boolean Validate(java.lang.String s, java.lang.String s1, java.lang.String s2)

}

So the problem itÇs that we need the ñLinux versionî of this library, because the Solaris version is not valid in our new production environment.

Could you help us with this problem? is possible to find a Linux version of ñSBRutils.jarî and ñlibxencmd5.soî?

We will appreciate any kind of feedback. 

Thanks in advance. Regards.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: SBR encoding

You will have to open a JTAC case for this.

Regards,

Raveen

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

I'm not sure what version of SBR you are using, but we do not support SuSe linux with SBR.  If you need this to run in a Linux environment you will need to run Red Hat, and the version of Red Hat is dependent on the version of SBR you are running.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the respond.

Maybe we could install a Red Hat Linux. So, how could I get my library version? Where could I found the Red Hat version of this SBR libraries?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

Highlighted
Contributor

If you are installing SBR Carrier edition 7.4, the Linux libraries will be included in the Linux rpm package.  Also, you can use the SBR Ent/GEE Linux installer for Red Hat which will include all of the Linux libraries.

If you are using SBR Carrier 7.4 you will need to use Red Hat 6.1

For SBR Enterprise/Global Enterprise you will need to install Red Hat 4.

You can find the installers for these using the following URL:

Carrier

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/carrier/carrier/#sw

Enterprise

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/sbr/gee/

http://www.juniper.net/support/products/sbr/ee/

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks so much for the respond.

I'll try both editions to check which one I'm using.

Regards.