Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SBR] ldapsearch query on nas-ip-address checklist return bogus result

SOLVED
adityoari_
Occasional Contributor

[SBR] ldapsearch query on nas-ip-address checklist return bogus result

Hi,

Our customer has a pair of SBR Carrier 7.0 which are deployed deep inside a private network so we have no way to access their SBR Administrator GUI, therefore our only mean to access the database is through the LDAP configuration interfaces.

Running basic ldapsearch command to retrieve the data works fine except on 1 item, a checklist of one of the profile which was configured with a default value, but appears in the query results as a IP-address which immediately followed with a "g" or "er" characters. These characters seem come up alteratingly everytime we run the ldap query.

Spoiler
$lcisearch -b "radiuslist=check,radiusname=JUNIPER,radiusclass=Profile,o=radius" ''
version: 1
dn: radiuslist=check,radiusname=JUNIPER,radiusclass=Profile,o=radius
objectclass: top
objectclass: check
radiuslist: check
nas-ip-address: %default% 192.168.0.1er

nas-ip-address: %default% 192.168.0.1er
$lcisearch -b "radiuslist=check,radiusname=JUNIPER,radiusclass=Profile,o=radius" ''
version: 1
nas-ip-address: %default% 192.168.0.1g

nas-ip-address: %default% 192.168.0.1g
$

Note: lcisearch is an alias for 'ldapsearch -V 2 -p [port] -D "cn=admin,o=radius" -w [password]'

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Re: [SBR] ldapsearch query on nas-ip-address checklist return bogus result

Hi,

I have added a new KB and it is to be published yet, I shall update you once it gets published.

Since it is a superficial display error, I am not sure if you would get immediate hotfix.

If you want a hotfix, you should open up a JTAC case, we can check if engineering team is okay to provide one.

Regards,

Raveen

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Hi,

This needs to be investigated with engineering team to understand if it is a minor dispay error or the output you see has some significance. You may open up a JTAC case.

Regards,

Raveen

Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Hi Adityori,

I have tested in 7.4.0, it worked well for me.

Can you tell me the SBRC version that you are using?

Regards,

Raveen

apaul_
Regular Contributor

Can you check the LDIF export of the radiuslist=check in the profile and validate what's in the record.

adityoari_
Occasional Contributor

@Paul

frankly I'm not sure what you meant with "LDIF export". If you meant XML export from SBR Administrator, I think I've said on my original post that we currently don't have access to the SBR Administrator ports. You can also read LDIF-ish record in the spoiler on my original post

@Raveen

The version is 7.0 as you may see on my original post. I wonder if this kind of problem has ever shown up before and if there is any KB/PR of it?

Thanks.

Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Hi

There were couple of known PRs realted to displaying of LCI output untill SBRC version 7.2.x

I has been fixed from 7.3.1 and above.

I have verified in 7.3.1 and 7.4.0, both works okay.

You can try in above mentioned versions.

Regards,

Raveen

apaul_
Regular Contributor

Hello,

If you have any LDAP tools handy, like LDAP BROWSER it will allow you to export selected record to a file in the LDIF format.Though I agree that this record will look similar to the LDAP search output that you have already posted, in my view it will help to further narrow down the issue to validate whether the LDIF export also includes the additional characters.

As you would already noticed the record is pulled out without issues in the latest SBR versions.

Thanks

adityoari_
Occasional Contributor

We already made a trial on 7.3.1 and it seems like it works fine. However, we of course could not reproduce an exact case since we don't have access to the SBR database other than through the LCI which has that bogus output. That said, a comparison using any LDAP browser since the SBR can only be accessed through Telnet (no SSH/Tunnel/etc).

Could you guys please give me links to the PR/KB regarding this output issue? Or should I open a JTAC case to get some hotfixes (if any) ?

Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Hi,

I have added a new KB and it is to be published yet, I shall update you once it gets published.

Since it is a superficial display error, I am not sure if you would get immediate hotfix.

If you want a hotfix, you should open up a JTAC case, we can check if engineering team is okay to provide one.

Regards,

Raveen

View solution in original post

Raveen_
Regular Contributor

Hi Adityoari,

Before you open up the case, can you try below workaround:

lcisearch -s one -b "radiusname=JUNIPER,radiusclass=Profile,o=radius" radiuslist=check

Let me know the results.

Regards,

Raveen