Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBR not recognize native user?

kronicklez_
Contributor

Re: SBR not recognize native user?

Hi overburdened,

I think i already try combination what u said. Below is the config at Switch. The problem is i cannot login the switch if i use the username in NATIVE user (SBR). But if i use a local username it dont have problem. In SBR i just install it to Windows Server 2003 without SQL or any database. Appreciate ypur feedback.

Ex4200> show configuration system | match radius | display set

set system authentication-order radius set system radius-server 10.10.10.11 secret "$9$5Tz6CA0IEy36ylvMXxjHk"

set system accounting destination radius server 10.10.10.11 secret "$9$EvRhSeMWxdb2re24JZjitu0"

EX4200> show configuration system login | display set

set system login user admin uid 2001
set system login user admin class superuser
set system login user admin authentication encrypted-password "$1$Ifc0UrFb$47x14anwF3flXEc5b2RXM."

overburdened_
Contributor

Hi kronicklez,

It is clear that they system is trying to verify the username/password against SBR, so the configuration on the switch seems ok.

To confirm, is 192.168.1.36 the address of the EX4200?

SBR is saying it got the request, but can not find the user HARRIS with the same password that was sent to it. Usually that is because the user was not created in SBR or the passwords do not match.

Can you send a screen shot of the SBR admin GUI, native user section?

It might be good to open a JTAC case, so we can track this and get the data easier.

Cheers,

Scott

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi overburdened

Yes 192.168.1.36 is EX4200 (vlan.0). I already upload GUI SBR that u request.Hopefully this problem can be solve without open JTAC. Very appreciate your kindness solution. Thanks again

overburdened_
Contributor

Hi kronicklez,

The user creation looks fine.

Can you verify that Native User is active in the list of Authentication Policies?

The other thing I would suggest is using a radius test tool to try and verify the username/password. That way you can isolate the SBR functionality. Using the test client you can confirm the functionaly of SBR and that the user/password are ok.

You can find free radius test clients on the net - just google them.

Cheers,

Scott

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi overburdened,

How i can verify that Native User is active in the list of Authentication Policies? Is it have some command or etc?

overburdened_
Contributor

If you look at the list of Authentication Policies, there should be 2 list boxes. One has a list of available choices and the other has those that are active. In the active list, you can also change the order they are checked.

Again - the best thing to try is a test client to verify the general SBR radius functionality is working correctly. Then try with the switch.

Cheers,

Scott

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi overburdened,

In the authentication policy list the active that i made is Native user. One question, where can look the serial no of SBR. I think to open JTAC but usually to open JTAC need serial no of the hardware right? How i can look the SN of my SBR. Thanks

overburdened_
Contributor

To open a JTAC case you need a valid support contract and valid username/password to access the support site.

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi overburdened,

I already open JTAC. In the while waiting JTAC response is therer any other method to solve this problem. Thanks.

overburdened_
Contributor

Please try using a test client to authenticate the user against the SBR system.

If SBR works with the test client, then we know the issue is somewhere else.

Can you tell me the JTAC case number, so I can have a look at it?