cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self Signed Certificate

JNCIS_
Not applicable

Self Signed Certificate

There is IC 4500 in a network. I am using IC 4500 as server for Authentication with security certificate installed. I have generated self signed certificate on IC and same is imported on clients. The validity of the certificate showing is 2013. Can I update this certificate & extend my validity? If yes what is the procedure.

1 REPLY 1
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Re: Self Signed Certificate

Hi,

I understand that you are using IC 4500 as server for Authentication with security certificate installed. you have generated self signed certificate on IC and same is imported on clients. The validity of the certificate showing is 2013 and you wanted to know whether you can update this certificate & extend the validity

Answer :

\When you initialize an Infranet Controller, it creates a temporary self-signed digital certificate locally that enables you to immediately begin setting up your Infranet Controller.

You cannot update and extend the validity of your IC self signed certfiicate. This is not supported however you can create a CSR from IC and create a device certificate for IC from your local certificate servers like Microsoft CA or open SSL certificate.

Also you can get a 3rd party CA approved certificate if you need.

You can use the below KB for "How to install a Certificate on a production IVE"

http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB22288&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&sear...

Hope this clarifies your query

Regards,

Kannan