cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What need to configure on SBR for dot1x with Trapeze?

SOLVED
kronicklez_
Contributor

What need to configure on SBR for dot1x with Trapeze?

Hi All,

Need your help regarding what need to configure with SBR to make sure the Wireless user can authenticate using dot1x (WPA). Currently i've no problem to configure the Wireless Controller but not sure what need to configure on SBR.

What i try to achived is simple. All the username of Wireless User will be store in SBR (Native User). That's all and it's not involve involve AD or anything else:

1.) Do i need to create certificate on SBR to make sure the client (notebook) can use dot1x

2.) Do i need to create profile and what attribute (return list / check list) need to be put in.

Hope someone can guide because i'm blind what need to configure in SBR. Thanks and appreciate someone guide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Re: What need to configure on SBR for dot1x with Trapeze?

Hi kronicklez,

I understand your requirement,

From SBR side you need to do the below configurations:

Configure the Trapeze wireless WLC as the Radius Client on the SBR.

The shared secret must be the same as configured on the Trapeze AP or WLC.

The IP address must be the one which is configured on the Trapeze AP or WLC for the port where the SBR is connected on.
Make/Model should always be Standard Radius.

Configure the users on the Users---Native tab.

For configuring Checklist or Return List Attribute for list of users, you can refer Juniper Knwoldege base KB18180.

Link to access the KB :http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB18180&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&sear...

After this Configure the Authentication Policies Order of methods and
include the required authentication methods such as native user, windows etc.

You can also select appropraite EAP Methods under Authentication Policies.

Hope this helps.

Note: If I have answered your questions, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it could help others as well. Kudo will be a bonus thanks!

Regards,
Kannan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
kalagesan_
Super Contributor

Hi kronicklez,

I understand your requirement,

From SBR side you need to do the below configurations:

Configure the Trapeze wireless WLC as the Radius Client on the SBR.

The shared secret must be the same as configured on the Trapeze AP or WLC.

The IP address must be the one which is configured on the Trapeze AP or WLC for the port where the SBR is connected on.
Make/Model should always be Standard Radius.

Configure the users on the Users---Native tab.

For configuring Checklist or Return List Attribute for list of users, you can refer Juniper Knwoldege base KB18180.

Link to access the KB :http://kb.pulsesecure.net/InfoCenter/index?page=content&id=KB18180&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&sear...

After this Configure the Authentication Policies Order of methods and
include the required authentication methods such as native user, windows etc.

You can also select appropraite EAP Methods under Authentication Policies.

Hope this helps.

Note: If I have answered your questions, you could mark this post as accepted solution, that way it could help others as well. Kudo will be a bonus thanks!

Regards,
Kannan

View solution in original post

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi Kalagesan,

Many thanks for your feedback. Currently i'm already success to authenticate Wireless Trapeze but has slight changes from that u advise " Make/Model should always be Standard Radius - I choose trapeze network".

Another question when i try to use profiles and assign it to native user then i cannot login it? Previously i don't have a problem to use profiles when it related to devices that using Junos because it easy to understand (JTAC give document) the check list / return list attribute. But how about if that devices is not using Junos such as Trapeze.

Can u give / share a url reagrding this subject? Thanks and appreciate your feedback,

apaul_
Regular Contributor

Hi,

Reading through your note about the failure while using the profile, I suspect it to be caused by conflict between the attributes in the profile with the Make & Model selected.Otherwise you may have configured attributes which are not part of the Trapeze Dictionary associated with the Make and Model Selection.

Can you review the profile for any potential conflicts as above.

Otherwise a Verbose log should help you to pin down the issue.

Logs are by default in the radius working directory in the yyyymmdd.log format.

Thanks

kronicklez_
Contributor

Hi apaul,

many thanks for your feedback ....Yes, i think what u say is may be correct. Is there any reference or url (specific) that show what check list/return list attribute that we can use between SBR and Trapeze?

Thanks and appreciate someone feedback especially with exprience using profile between SBR and Trapeze. Thanks again.

apaul_
Regular Contributor

Hi Kronickez,

I do not have a confirmed url that I could give you.But supported radius attributes is something that is normally covered in the AP documentation.

I could search out something similar for the Juniper Wireless LAN.

Refer Configuration guide @ http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/release-independent/wireless/information-products/topic-collec...

Table 7 on page 979.

Table 8 on page 983.