Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

network user authentication windows SBR

Gerard_
Occasional Contributor

network user authentication windows SBR

Dear all,

currently we are using/implementing dot1x machine authentication with a SBR GEE and that seems to work perfectly.

if we have a new computer which is not connected to AD, we would like to use a username/password to be able to connect to a "installation" vlan instead of the guest vlan.

i've changed some settings in my windows machine so that it would use username/password credentials tot login to the network.

if i look at the logging of my sbr, I only see accounting requests. does anybody know what i need to do to be able to use username/password for logging in to the network from a windows machine?

5 REPLIES 5
zchi_
New Contributor

Re: network user authentication windows SBR

hi,

what type of authentication login you're using to AD?Windows Domain Group/User or PEAP? You can take a look at your radius.ini, you can choose to strip any suffix/prefix to the username.

Gerard_
Occasional Contributor

Dear zchi,

the problem I face is that if I want to use a username to authenticate (not the user which has logged in) I do get the message on my networkcard in windows that I need to login, but once I fill in my credentials and I look at my logging, I don't see my name passing by. I only see some accounting stuff passing by.

If I select the setting that the authentication should be done with logged in user credentials, I do see the name passing by (eg administrator). what am I doning wrong?

I'm using PEAP.

zchi_
New Contributor

As i uderstood it, you want to view the logs during users 802.1x authentication events on SBR, hope im write. you can edit the radius.ini then set the tracelevel and loglevel = 2.

Gerard_
Occasional Contributor

Dear Zchi,

well I allready have the logging on and also the trace level. I use these to see what is happening.

so in my log files I don't see the username which I entered in windows network connection, but if I select the option in the network settings that I want to use the usercredentials of the user who logged in windows (e.g. administrator) I do see the name.

I would like to use a separate username to login to the network (a domain user)

thanks for your help

Kamran_
Contributor

hi

will u plz tell me how u have done machine authentication with sbr, i am new to sbr, i was using IC-4000 sbr's instance for dot1x authentication...now i wanna go for separate sbr, i have sbr 6.1, plz tell me detailed config steps on sbr and ic-4000 along with switches if required.

regards

raja