Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

erorr log replication

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

erorr log replication

I would like to know if the error log (ZXTMHOME/log/errors) is receiving the same messages on all traffic managers when it comes to pool failiures. 

When I run the bellow commads on all of the traffic manager in the cluster to see which pools have died I get different results:

node1 $ cat /opt/zeus/log/errors | grep "17/Apr" | grep pooldied | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

5 pools/662989_5953
6 pools/444130_468
9 pools/670881_11861

node2 $ cat /opt/zeus/log/errors | grep "17/Apr" | grep pooldied | awk '{print $4}' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n

6 pools/444130_468
9 pools/670881_11861

23 pools/339293_414

Some of the pools are present in the error files on all traffic managers, but some are only present in one, or few.

Can you please explain what is logged in the error file on all traffic managers and what only on the current one.

1 REPLY
Contributor

Re: erorr log replication

Hi Kaivanov,

Each Traffic Manager will write to it's own log file (via System -> Alerts), only when viewed through the admin interface do you see the combined logs of the entire cluster.  if you view the error log directly as you have done, then you only see the events which have occurred on that Taffic Manager.

It is ofcourse possible for two or more Traffic Managers to have different views about a pools state.

I hope that helps.

Mark